Monday, April 28, 2014

A Good read

Hey everyone.

I just stumbled across this article as I was reading tonight and really enjoyed it. It actually is exactly what I am trying to do with my Art of Fun birthday's and one on one sessions. We all need to not worry about coloring in the lines, using the "right" color, and creating a product. Children, even more so in this day and age, need to be encouraged to use their imaginations and be given more opportunities to express themselves and what feels good to them.

I always tell the kids I work with, when they say they can't draw or do art that EVERYONE is an artist because there is no right or wrong way to do art.

Enjoy the read and book your child's birthday party!

http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/music-arts/encouraging-self-expression-through-art/

No comments:

Post a Comment